We aim to empower human potential through the fusion of art, music, performance, and technology.
Our community calendar supports physical and online events free of charge!
Need help? Find a step-by-step guide HERE.
Want to see your event featured on our platforms? Click here
- This event has passed.
Virtual Tidal Wave – Tuesday 5Rhythms
April 15 @ 6:00 am - 8:00 am AEST
An event every week that begins at 6:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until October 27, 2020
Led by – David Juriansz
Every – Tuesday 8.00 – 10.00pm
Location – ONLINE CLASS
Cost – $20 to $10 (sliding scale)
Organizer – David Juriansz + Meredith Davies Moving Essence
Web calendar: http://movingessence.com/events/
Tuesday dancers – in response to the Corona virus we have decided to continue our Tuesday ritual online….
Melbourne’s longest-running 5Rhythms class Tuesday Tidal Wave, (formerly Tuesday Tsunami) will continue and welcomes first-timers and long-timers into this online format.
We encourage locals to continue with your Tuesday dance routine. Regular dancers – think of it as simply a change of venue – from St Brigids Hall to your own place. Newcomers – it’s easy to get to – you don’t even have to leave home.
Dancers from all around Australia are welcome to join. Live streaming restrictions only allow us to offer this class to people in Australia. If you live outside Australia and want to attend one of our online classes please contact us and we’ll have a class to offer you.
To join this online 5Rhythms class you will need:
1. An electronic device such as a desktop or laptop computer or tablet. A smartphone will work if it has the features below but is the least preferred option.
2. Your device should have a microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
3. Make a connection from that device to either external speakers (via the headphone jack) or wireless earbuds (e.g bluetooth). If you need to use headphones on a cable that’s OK but will limit how far from your device you can move. If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the music will not be as amplified that’s all.
4. Register using the form below. We can’t offer ‘drop-in’ for an online class and there are limited places so that we can feel some connection as an online group.
5. Download the Zoom Application onto your device. This is virtual meeting room with lots of ‘real-life’ features. Go to ZOOM FREE DOWNLOAD https://zoom.us/download
Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself. Somewhere you will feel private and comfortable moving uninterrupted for 1.5 hours. Tell your family or housemates what you are doing. Make the floor safe (if you step on a piece of LEGO your dance will end painfully early). Do what you can to make it a calming and welcoming space for you. But hey…we are living through a pandemic – if your life and home is in chaos – then push all the crap to the sides of the room – clear 4 square metres – take a few breaths and you are ready to begin.
If you wish to joined with kids and pets and you think this will not be disruptive for you and the group, other beings in your household are also welcome to join. However we ask that you don’t share your login with others without communicating with us first.
One hour before class starts Moving Essence will email you the Zoom link and a Meeting ID password – this is your only way to access the class. Please check your spam filters (you promotions folder or add us to contacts) to ensure they are set to receive mail from Moving Essence. We will open the class 15 minutes before the advertised time to help you with technical details and getting oriented, so log in early if you have never used Zoom before.
If you are coming to a 5Rhythms class for the the first time, please read about the class guidelines – most of these still apply whether dancing in a hall or in a virtual shared space. Read: Coming for the First Time
For the online classes there is also a 30-minute grace period after the advertised class time for those who are running late. After that time you won’t be able to join as it becomes too distracting. Relax if you booked and miss out – we can either refund you or register you for the next online class.
This is a completely new format which we are embracing with curiosity as we dance into this new virtual socially distant (yet connected) space…
Love and new dances